Community Library of Allegheny Valley is expanding its Outreach program in 2023, bringing the best of what the library has to offer to locations in the communities of Harrison, Brackenridge, Tarentum, East Deer, Fawn, and Frazer.
Library outreach is described as the delivery of library materials and services to patrons with barriers to accessing the library, infrequent library users/nonusers, as well as underserved populations. Another component of outreach is building awareness and sharing information about programs, resources, and services with people of all ages. CLAV strives to meet the needs of all potential patrons, encouraging the use of library services and promoting a positive image of the library throughout the community.
Current Outreach projects:
• Creating Little Lending Libraries in residential housing complexes
• Providing opportunities to attend live streaming of library programming at a Senior Center
• Bringing materials and programming to the students in the Highlands School District for use during their school day and after-school program
• Establishing Little Free Libraries in each of the six municipalities CLAV serves
• Coordinating a Pen Pal Program between children in the Storytime program and adults at Highland Senior Center
If you are interested in partnering with the library for an Outreach project, please email Tiffany DeAntonio at [email protected].