Korean War Draftees from Local Boards 5, 6, 22, 37, and 168, compiled by David M. Kupas.
Copyright 2005 Community Library of Allegheny Valley
Compiler’s Note: The 1,598 names of men from Pennsylvania’s Allegheny-Kiskiminetas River Valley included within Korean War Draftees from Local Boards 5, 6, 22, 37, and 168 have been gleaned from the Valley Daily News (June 25, 1950 — July 27, 1953). The date given refers to the publication date, not the actual date of induction.
- No.5, Pittsburgh: includes Brackenridge, Cheswick, Springdale and Tarentum boroughs; East Deer, Fawn, Harmar, Harrison, Indiana, Plum and Springdale townships; the 10th Ward of the City of Pittsburgh
- No. 6, Pittsburgh: includes Aspinwall, Blawnox, Bradford Woods, Etna, Fox Chapel, Leesdale, Millvale and Sharpsburg boroughs; Franklin, Hampton, Leet, Marshall, McCandless, O’Hara, Ohio, Pine, Reserve, Richland, Sewickley, Sewickley Heights, Shaler and West Deer townships.
- No. 22, Kittanning: includes all of Armstrong County.
- No. 37, Butler: includes Saxonburg borough; Buffalo and Winfield townships.
- No. 168, New Kensington: includes Arnold, Avonmore, East Vandergrift, Hyde Park, New Kensington and Vandergrift boroughs; Allegheny, Bell and Washington townships.
There are four fields in this index: Name, Residence, Local Board, Date.