COMMUNITY ROOM POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
About Room Rentals
The community room at Harrison is available for rental (subject to availability; library programs take priority over rentals). Contact us at 724-226-3491 to check availability.
- The Community Room’s maximum capacity is 60 people.
- The room is available for use during library hours.
- M-H 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- F – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- S – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Summer Hours 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Community Library of Allegheny Valley events and groups have priority over groups who wish to rent the Community Room.
- Renting is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations are accepted no sooner than 1 year in advance.
How to Rent
- Contact the library at [email protected] or by calling 724-226-3491 to submit your request and check availability.
- Rental fee is $20.00 per hour.
- Clean up the room and replace any furniture you moved to their original positions.
- Any damage or irregularities to the room will be noted and charged accordingly.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Community Library of Allegheny Valley does not provide equipment, supplies, storage or publicity for rented events.
- Direct selling of any kind is prohibited, unless it is sanctioned as part of a program sponsored by the library, The Library Board or the Friends of the Library.
- Youth groups may use the room only if they are accompanied by an adult supervisor of the group (21 years or older) who assumes full responsibility for supervision of the group of the entire time they use the Community Room.
- Any group using the room that brings children to the meeting may not leave the children unsupervised in other areas of the library.
- Library staff must have access t the room at all times.
- The Library Board and the library director reserve the right to cancel a reservation at any time for any reason.
- Any group or individual violating these rules any be asked to leave and/or denied future use of the facilities.